Stonesoft Virtual Firewall/VPN Appliances can be managed with the Stonesoft Management Center. The Stonesoft Management Center offers unified management for all Stonesoft Security appliances, both virtual and physical. Corporate security policy can be consistently enforced throughout the whole network. This brings organizations significant cost savings, flexibility and sustainability.
The Stonesoft Virtual Firewall/VPN provides the high-end functionalities and ease-of-use that is characteristic of all Stonesoft appliances.
Comprehensive security with high-end technology
- Stateful inspection or application-level protection based on the best suited methods
- Granular access control
- Intrusion prevention for Web and VoIP traffic
- Content inspection. Redirection of network traffic to anti-virus gateways, Web filtering systems or anti-spam filters
- Comprehensive network protection through seamless integration with Stonesoft IPS
Reduced costs with unified management
- Efficient administration for both physical and virtual security elements
- Comprehensive view of network security
- Remote maintenance and upgrades eliminate costly on-site visits
- Auto-updates and upgrades reduce administrators’ workload
- Comprehensive logging with easy-to-use filtering
- Automatic reporting with graphic reports and extensive customization
- Multiple alert methods
Stonesoft compatible platforms have not been tested extensively and are not officially certified by Stonesoft. However, the Firewall, IPS or Security Engine installation and basic operations have been verified by a certified Stonesoft engineer or partner. Stonesoft does not guarantee future compatibility or that the compatible platforms work in all situations.
|Operating environment:||VMware ESX Server versions 4.0 and 4.1, ESXi versions 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0|
|Memory requirements:||256 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended (2 GB required if inspection is used)|
|Disk requirements:||2 GB virtual disk minimum, 8 GB recommended|
|Virtual firewall image size:||140 MB|
|User authentication:||RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP(S), Internal LDAP user database, MS Active Directory, Stonesoft Authentication Server|
|VPN protocols:||IKEv1, IKEv2, IPsec, AES-128, AES-256, DES, 3DES, Blowfish, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, PKI (x.509)|
|Network interfaces support:||A minimum of one virtual network interface and VLAN tagging 802.1Q|